In a previous blog post, you read about how to build a relationship with your Amazon customers. With Amazon’s strict policies on one-to-one communications, you should be careful when trying to establish ways on how you can communicate with them outside of the Amazon marketplace. Amazon is even strict when it comes to sending messages via the Amazon app, there are words that you need to avoid using so you won’t be flagged.
You also learned how to download relevant customer information and use them for Facebook ads. With the same information that you already have, you can safely direct your customers to an email sign up list.
Read on to learn how you can build an email marketing list for your Amazon and eCommerce customers.
How You Can Use Email Marketing
Email marketing not only helps you communicate with your customers, it also provides an avenue to hear their feedback.
1. Ask for a review – Reviews help prospective buyers decide whether they will buy your product. The more reviews your products have means that more people buy them. Of course, there should be more positive reviews than negative ones. Product reviews also provide you a heat map of how your consumers like your products and what needs to be improved.
In addition, you can also ask your customers to click on the Helpful button on 5-star reviews. This move pins the top positive reviews and helps increase listing conversions. You can do this by filtering all the top reviews on your listing page and asking customers to click whichever they find helpful. You can also incentivize this to encourage them to click.
2. Join a Product Tester Club – You can hit two birds with one stone by having them test your products AND having social proofs for your website or social media pages. Plus, you don’t even have to pay them, just like what you do with influencer marketing. Product testers are happy to just receive a free product in return for reviewing your product. However, be careful that you don’t solicit 5-star reviews from them as Amazon might gain wind of it. Just ask them to give you an honest review about your product.
3. Run a Giveaway – Hold giveaways for loyal customers or for special holidays such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or even birthdays. Of course, for each giveaway, they also have to give something in return such as a photo or video of what they won along with a few words of how they like the product.
Email Marketing Tips you Need to Know
- Build an email list outside of Amazon – Create a sales funnel to direct them to a landing page where you can capture their emails. One of the best strategies is to include product insert cards with a QR code and direct them to your warranty registration page.
- Use an email management service – Once you have established your email list, make sure that you automate your email sequences and send emails on a regular basis. Create tags to customize emails according to products or services so they will only receive relevant emails.
- Plan promotions accordingly – Don’t just send out emails without a calendar in mind. For example, if you will be launching a new product, it is important that you time your emails. First, send them a pre-launch announcement that will get them interested. You can even have another opt-in email so only those interested will get the launch email. Second, send a launch day email and create a sense of urgency. Lastly, send out a post-launch email to those who purchased your new products and thank them. You could even ask them for honest reviews for your new products.
- Track Email Marketing Analytics – Determine if your email marketing campaign is successful or not. Analyze the data and see which subjects elicit more click-throughs, which content they are most interested in, as well as the best times to send emails.
Additional Tips for Email Marketing
Getting your audience to open your emails is the first step to email marketing. This is the biggest challenge that marketers have to deal with. No matter how great your email content is, if the subject line does not catch their attention, then everything goes to waste.
- Create an attention-grabbing subject that will entice them to open your email. Include catchy words or lines in your email.
- Use customer’s first name to address them for a personal touch. Email marketing services have an option to do this.
- Include quality product photos or lifestyle images to entice them to buy.
- Create a sense of urgency such as limited stocks, available only until (date), or buy now while supplies last.
Many people still opt to use email rather than social media. This applies to the older generation who are in their 40s or above because they can’t stand information overload through social media. Thus, having a sound email marketing strategy not only provides you an effective method to communicate with your customers, but to expand your customer base as well.
If you need more assistance in setting up your email marketing campaign, contact us and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
“Email has an ability many channels don’t: creating valuable, personal touches—at scale.”– David Newman