Amazon coupons are an effective way to drive traffic to your products. It is also beneficial for introducing your products to new customers. However, one cannot deny that offering coupons means losing profit. Not only do coupons lessen the revenue but fees are also involved.
Here are some guidelines to help you get started in creating Amazon coupons:
How to Create Amazon coupons
Amazon seller central allows you to create coupons in just 5 steps:
- Log in to your seller central account then go to Advertising > Coupons.
- Click on Create Coupon then search for the ASIN of the product you want to apply a coupon. You can also search using keywords by changing the dropdown option. Click on Add to coupon then Continue to next step.
- Fill out the necessary information such as the discount type, redemption limit, and budget.
- Go to the next step and fill in the rest of the information:
- On the last page, you can view how your coupon looks like. Once everything is good to go, simply click Submit.
Pros and Cons of Amazon Coupons
Offering coupons has its pros and cons. When running a business, you have to carefully weigh your decisions and create strategies to outweigh the disadvantages. Just like when offering promotions in the form of coupons. Keep in mind that the main disadvantage is that you have to lower your prices so that customers will be enticed to buy. Also, Amazon charges a fee of $0.60 every time somebody buys from a particular coupon.
Now, don’t get discouraged because offering Amazon coupons has a lot of benefits; such as:
- Drives more traffic to your product pages
- Off-site coupons and affiliate sites lead to higher search rankings
- Boosts sales due to visibility; plus, customers love bargains
- Improves your brand’s visibility across Amazon and different platforms
- Makes your brand more competitive due to visibility
- Introduces your brand to new customers and gives you a chance to reach out to existing customers
- Helps in your email marketing and retention
- Helps you sell excess inventory and items that are expiring
Strategies in Offering Coupons
To use Amazon coupons effectively and boost your sales, don’t get too hasty when offering them. Plan a course of action and avoid offering coupons all the time. Otherwise, your customers will cannibalize on your discounts and just wait for the coupons.
Next, when you offer a coupon, make sure you get something back. Getting their email address in exchange for a 30% coupon seems like a fair deal. This way, you will get a chance to remarket through an email list.
Lastly, take advantage of holidays to time your coupons. Most people like to shop for gifts during holidays and special occasions so make sure you have your coupons running at least a week before.
Now that you have learned all about Amazon coupons, time to take a step back and examine your marketing campaigns.
If you need help with your marketing campaigns, feel free to call us and we’d be glad to help you out!
“It’s not about having the right opportunities. It’s about handling the opportunities right.”-Mark Hunter, Author of High Profit Selling, an expert in sales
Yes, coupons are really helpful in driving traffic to Amazon products. I offer coupons every month and I get better sales.